The idea behind this blog is to educate/help/enlighten and not to create controversy or to incite. The opinions and views expressed on this blog are purely personal. Please be soft in your language, respect Copyrights and provide credits/links wherever possible.The blog team indemnifies itself of any legal issues that may arise out of any information/ views posted by anyone on the blog. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Facilities and concessions as offered by Govt of NCT Delhi : ESM
Dear Veterans, Facilities and concessions as offered by Govt of NCT Delhi are enumerated below for your information. "Jai Hind"--Regards, ----Maj (Dr) T C Rao (Retd)
Facilities An Concessions
1. Priority (1) Employment for disabled ex-servicemen vide Govt. of NCT of Delhi letter No. F. 16/146/98/S-III/457 dt 24/2/99.
2. Carry over of reserved vacancy for one year vide Govt. of NCT of Delhi letter No. F 16/146/98/ S-III458 dt 24/2/99.
3. Reservation of 10% and 20% in Group C and D posts respective in Delhi Police vide letter No. 3431/E.II (PHQ) dt 13/3/97.
4. 5% Seats in Delhi institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
5. Reservation of 10% and 20% in Group C and D posts in Govt Jobs and 14.5% and 24% in PSUs vide Govt. of Delhi Lr No F.16 (146)/ 98-S. III/9148 dt 18/12/98.
6. Reservation of 10 seats in college of Arts 20-22, Tiak Marg, New Delhi-110001.
7. Reservation of 3% seats in two years diploma courses in elementary Teachers Education in 9 institutions through state council of education research & Training. Varun marg Defence Colony, New Delhi- 110024.
8. Reservation of 5% seats in each polytechnic, college of pharmacy, pushp Vihar and food craft institute for wards of ex-servicemen.
9. rent control act has been amended to facilitate resumption of houses/flats by servicemen personnel on their tetirement.
10. Grant of stipend of Rs. 250/- PM to ex-servicemen trainees in managerial, Vocational and Agricultural training.
11. 1% interest concession to ex-servicemen on loan taken from deli finance corporation.
12. Priority allotment of flats to gallantry (Chakra Series) award winners.
13. Reservation for ex-servicemen/widows/dependents:-
a. DDA Shops- 2%
b. Fair Price Shops – 10%
c. Priority for allotment of DTC Bus routes
d. Allotment of milk booths & fruit /vegetable shops through Dir Gen Resettlement.
14. DDA Shops allotment under the category of ex-servicemen will be able to arrange finance to the tune of two thirds of the property price from delhi finance corporation.
15. Exemption of payment of fees for the recruitment of Group c posts by the Govt. of NCT of Delhi vide letter No. 27 (1) /2000/P & P/3028 dt 24/8/2000.
16. 100% property tax exemption to war widows/ex-servicemen who are Gallantry Award Winners for self occupied , not rented out property and 30 % rebate in property tax for ex-servicemen provided the house is in their name, is self-occupied and not rented out, which is applicable to only unit of property.
Welfare Schemes Instituted by the Government of Delhi
Destitute Grant to world war-II Veterans/Widows Rs. 1800/- PM
Ex-Gratia to serving soldiers/disabled soldiers & widows of soldiers killed in counter insurgency operations. The scheme has been modified as per the recommendations of the ministry of Defecne, which came into face w. e.f 26/6/2006.
Died in War/Operations - 2,00,000/-
To parents if martyr is married and they are alive -3,00,000/-
To Widow if parents of martyr is alive - 5,00,000
To widow if martyr’s parents are not alive - 5,00,000
To parents if martyr is unmarried - 5,00,000
To Nominee if unmarried & parents not alive - 5,00,000
Officers- 35% subsidy or assistance if no house - 5,00,000
JCOs/Ors- 50% subsidy or assistance if no house -5,00,000
Children’s Education -War Widows & Disabled
Free Tuition fee, Books & Transportation
OR Financial assistance per year: -
Upto 10+2- 8,000/-,Graduation-10,000/-,PG including B.Tech/BDS/Medicine/MCS/MCA-20,000/-
(2% reservation to wards) - Job Priority- As per DOPT, GOI Rules
Disabled in war/Oprs
60% and above disability - 5,00, 000/-
Upto 59% disability- 3,00,000/-
Prisoner of War- 25,000 + 1000 Per dependent
Missing in War/Ops- 25,000 + 2000 Per dependent
3. Cash Grant, Cash in lieu of land and annuity to Gallantry Award Winners.
Award One time Grant (w.e.f. 01/01/2008)Revised Annuity to existing awardees
Pram Vir Chakra (PVC) - Rs.25,00,000/- Nil
Ashok Chakra (AC) - Rs.25,00,000/- Nil
Maha Vir Chakra (MVC)-Rs.15,00,000/-, Rs.1,20,000/-
Kirti Chakra (KC) - Rs.15,00,000/- Rs.96,000/-
Vir Chakra (VrC) - Rs.10,00,000/- Rs.60,000/-
Shaurya Chakra (SC)-Rs.10,00,000/- Rs.48,000/-
Sena/Nao Sena/Vayu Sena Medal (Gallantry)-Rs.5,00,000/- Rs.24,000/-
Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal(SYSM)-Rs.1,27,000/- Nil
Uttam Yudh Seva Medal- Rs.75,000/-, Rs.2,500/-
Yudh Seva Medal (YSM)-Rs.34,000/-, Rs 2,500/-
Mentio in Despatch (MID)- Rs.12,000/-, Rs.500/-
All earlier awardees who have not claimed any monetary grant from the Government of Delhi, rates prevalent at the award will be paid as and when claim is preferred.
Cash Grant to distinguished Services Medal winners who have received the award on or after 01- 01- 2008 onwards.
Param Vishisht Seva Medal (PVSM) - Rs.1,15,000/-
Ati Vishisht Seva Medal ( AVSM) - Rs.57,000/-
Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM) - Rs.23,000/-
Sena/Nao Sena/Vayu Sena Medal - Rs.45,000/-