The idea behind this blog is to educate/help/enlighten and not to create controversy or to incite. The opinions and views expressed on this blog are purely personal. Please be soft in your language, respect Copyrights and provide credits/links wherever possible.The blog team indemnifies itself of any legal issues that may arise out of any information/ views posted by anyone on the blog. E-mail: email@example.com
Thursday, February 25, 2010
THE OUTCOME OF DELEGATION MET WITH RM ON 23.2.2010 - ESM WELFARE POINTS
25.2.10(1 hour ago)
Dear Maj Rao,
Thanks for the updates.
However I would like to enquire about the status of the most imp issue- OROP, which affects you and all of us, incl those in uniform once they relenquinsh the same. When is it likely to see the light of the day, if at all. May I know what efforts are being put in at your end.
Thanks and regards.
Brig C M Harnal(retd)
Please find enclosed herewith, Regards,
Maj (Dr) T C Rao (Retd)
1. Under signed led a delegation of Ex-servicemen to meet Dr MM Pallam Raju, Hon’ble Minister of State of Defence, on 23 Feb 2010, at his office in Ministry of Defence. The aim of the meeting was to apprise him about the difficulties faced by the residents of Delhi Cantt and also to dicusses various wefare points concerning Ex-servicemen.
a. I reminded the Hon’ble Minister that gazette notification for “One Rank One Pension” in respect PBOR is not yet out. It was mentioned by minister that all normal formalities for gazette notification are complete and it will be announced soon for implementation.
b. I had also assured the delegation that War Memorial for Delhi state will be constructed to honour those who scarified for the nation from Delhi.
c. He had also agreed to construct a rest house with 100 rooms and dormitory for the ex-servicemen visiting Delhi in connection with medical treatment and various other works.
3. The under mentioned also requested to ear mark a land in Delhi Cantt to house following under one roof.
a. DGR office.
b. Conventional Hall/Auditorium
c. Rest House for both officers & PBOR
d. ECHS facilities.
e. CSD Canteen
f. Recreation facilities
4. Opening of 100 bed Cantt board Hospital in Delhi Cantt.
5. Beautification & difficulties faced by Delhi Cantt residents were also discussed.
6. We are hopeful and positive about the outcome of our meeting.
7. I am always at your services.
Maj (Dr) T C Rao
Chairman, ESM Cell